UPI Full Form: Unified Payments Interface, UPI payment system is becoming very popular nowadays. In today’s time, many people are making online payments with UPI ID. If you want to know what is UPI and what is UPI Full Form, UPI ka Full Form, then definitely read this information.
- Category: Governmental
- UPI Full Form in Hindi: एकीकृत भुगतान इंटरफेस
- UPI Full Form in English: Unified Payments Interface
What is UPI?
UPI is a real-time payment system, this system allows to transfer of money instantly from one bank account to another bank account through the mobile platform.
What is the Full Form of UPI?
The full form of UPI is Unified Payment Interface.
The UPI system is designed by the National Payments Corporation of India.
You can access different bank accounts of any bank through UPI through a mobile app.
Each bank offers its own UPI App, which has features like Instant Money Transfer, Balance Inquiry, Transaction History, etc.
There is a lot of UPI app available on Playstore. Google Pay, Paytm, Phonepe etc. is UPI app.
What is UPI ID / UPI Address?
Just like a bank account has an account number, similarly, the UPI ID is a virtual payment address of a UPI account, through which you can transfer money from UPI to that account.
What is UPI Pin Code?
The UPI PIN or code is a private PIN/password code, which is set (Create) when registering a bank account in the UPI App. All transactions on the UPI are authorized by this 4 – 6 digit pin.
How does UPI work? How to create UPI App ID?
To start UPI service from your mobile phone, you must have these necessary things,
- You must have a bank account in any bank.
- Your mobile number should be linked to that bank account. (Mobile number should be present in the bank branch)
- You must have a debit card (ATM card).
- A smartphone and internet facility should be present in it.
How to activate UPI service from mobile? and how to create a UPI PIN?
- First of all, you have to download and install a UPI app from the App Store or your bank’s site.
Just like the example of BHIM UPI, Bhim UPI app is being given here, the registration process in other UPI apps is similar.
- Once the UPI app is installed, open the app.
Choose your language and press Next.
When your app asks for permission, click on Allow.
- Now select the mobile number linked to your bank account and click on Next, after which your number will be verified.
- Set Login pin Set / Login Passcode.
5 Then select your bank.
On clicking on the bank account, the option of Set UPI Pin will come.
- After clicking on the UPI pin set, you will have to enter the last 6 digits and Expiry Date of your debit card.
- After this OTP will come on your mobile, put it in the OTP app and configure it by entering the UPI PIN as per your choice.
Immediately after the whole process, you can use all the features available in the UPI App, such as Send Money, Request Money, Balance check, etc.
How to transfer money from UPI App / Send money?
- First of all, you will have to open your UPI app and log in by putting your login passcode in it.
- After this, click on the Send option, and in this enter the Beneficiary person’s Virtual Payment Address ID (UPI Address) or Account no. Verify by entering the + IFSC Code.
- After this, enter the amount and choose your account.
- Now click on Confirm and put your UPI pin.
- You will get a message of Succesful / Failure of your transaction status.
Things to keep in mind while using UPI ID – (UPI Full Form)
While using UPI, it is important to take care of some things, because if you do not take care of small things, then you may have to suffer huge losses. So let’s know things to keep in mind
- Always keep the UPI password strong and do not share it with anyone at all.
- Do not share the SIM with the person on which your UPI ID remains. Keep in mind that if someone asks for the code that comes on your mobile, do not give it at all.
- Do not share your bank details with anyone, no bank employee calls you and asks for bank details. So whenever you have a phone call saying that we are talking to your bank, we need your bank details, then inform the bank and the police immediately.
- In today’s time, by sending money requests by many people, gullible people are cheating people. If you have any money request, do not expose it
FAQ’S About UPI Full Form
Ans. When making a payment through UPI, we have to give a 4 or 6 digit Security Code while transacting money in it, only after which the process of sending money is completed. This 4 or 6 digit code is called UPI code.
Ans. UPI in Hindi means Unified Payments Interface. UPI in English means UNIFIED PAYMENT INTERFACE.
Ans. The UPI pin is 4 to 6 digits long. How you can generate this pin, I have told you in detail in the above article.
Ans. An ID is used instead of bank account number for online transactions with UPI. This ID is similar to email ID, it is called UPID. UPID stands for ID that is used to transact money in UPI.
Ans. Google Pay’s UPI PIN is called Google PIN. Just like the PIN is used in UPI ID, Google PIN is used for transactions in Google Pay.