UGC Full Form: University Grants Committee, The University Grants Commission of India (English: University Grants Commission, short: UGC) is a central government commission that recognizes universities. The same commission also provides grants to government-recognized universities and colleges.
- UGC Full Form in English: University Grants Committee
- Category: Academic & Science » Universities & Institutions
- UGC Full Form in Hindi: विश्वविद्यालय अनुदान समिति
- UGC Full Form in Marathi: विद्यापीठ अनुदान समिती
What is the full form of UGC?
UGC means University Grants Commission or University Grants Commission, it is a government of India undertaking that grants to government recognized universities and colleges and is an institution that works to improve the education system of India. Is The headquarters of UGC is established in New Delhi, and its six branch offices are located in Bhopal, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Guwahati, Pune, and Bangalore. Apart from this, UGC conducts NET (National Aptitude Test) in which after passing, teachers or professors are appointed in colleges, UGC conducts more than 15 such exams which hold a significant place in the education system of the country. | The UGC regulates all the universities and colleges of the country and develops the education system of the country.
The UGC was formed in 1945 to oversee the education system of 3 Central Universities Delhi, Banaras, and Aligarh. After this, in 1952, the government decided that all the universities in the country would be regulated and maintained by the UGC and in 1956 The UGC was presented to the government by passing a special bill in Parliament.
What is the UGS ?
It is a statutory body, which was started in 1956. The Central Government started this institute to maintain the standard of university education in India. This is one such institute, which was started by Professor Ved Prakash. At that time Ved Prakash was called a great educationist. The same time, the headquarters of the UGC is located in New Delhi. At present, its offices can be located in all major cities along with Kolkata, New Delhi and Bangalore. It is an accrediting institute. At the same time, this institute was started to promote education, so that the candidate can get the greatest degree and can be successful in achieving a good place in their life.
UGC Regional Office
UGC has a total of six regional offices in India.
- Bangalore etc.
History of UGC
Inter-University was established in 1924. And since then, the history of higher education has been going on. Everyone wants them to get higher education. And for the exchange of all information, the name of Inter-University was changed to Association of Indian University. The foundation of the University Commission was established in 1948 under the chairmanship of Dr. Radha Krishna.
From this time, there was a thought to form UGC and to improve education. After this, in 1953, the foundation of the University Commission was laid. And in 1956 the UGC was introduced in the Parliament under the Government of India. Subsequently, offices were opened at six locations of UGC and since that time many colleges and universities operate under UGC.
There are some important objectives of UGC which are:
- To pay attention to and maintain standards of research, teaching, and examination in universities.
- Promoting higher education.
- The UGC also aims to make rules to manage the minimum standard of education in the country.
- To act as an intermediator between the Central Government and higher education institutions.
- To advise the government from time to time to improve the education system.
UGC Full Form in News & Informations
UGC Meaning (News & Entertainment)
User-Generated Content (UGC) incorporates a range of available media content in a range of modern communication techniques. Its use for a wide range of applications, including problem processing, news, gossip, and research, reflects the expansion of media production through new technologies that are accessible and affordable to the general public.
UGC conducts 16 types of exams conducts for higher education.
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Rehabilitation Council
- Council of Architecture
- Bar Council of India (BCI)
- Indian Nursing Council (INC)
- Dental Council of India (DCI)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)
- Distance Education Council (DEC)
- State Councils of Higher Education
- Central Council of Homoeopathy (CCH)
- Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
- National Council for Rural Institutes
- Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM)
- National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
There are many important functions of the University Grants Commission which I am going to tell you one by one.
- The work of the University Grants Commission is to check the standards of education and examination in the university and at the same time maintain its standard.
- The work of the University Grants Commission is also to make higher education accessible to the general students so that everyone can get the right to education.
- To make rules related to education and to see that it is being followed properly or not, it is also done by University Grants Commission.
- The work of linking the education system with the central government is also in the hands of the University Grants Commission. If the University Grants Commission wants to improve the education system, they can also give advice to the Central Government.
UGC Meaning in various Indian Languages
|UGC meaning in Arabic||لجنة المنح الجامعية|
|UGC meaning in Bengali||বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় অনুদান কমিটি|
|UGC meaning in English||University Grants Committee|
|UGC meaning in Gujarati||યુનિવર્સિટી અનુદાન સમિતિ|
|UGC meaning in Hindi||विश्वविद्यालय अनुदान समिति|
|UGC meaning in Kannada||ವಿಶ್ವವಿದ್ಯಾಲಯ ಧನಸಹಾಯ ಸಮಿತಿ|
|UGC meaning in Malayalam||യൂണിവേഴ്സിറ്റി ഗ്രാന്റ്സ് കമ്മിറ്റി|
|UGC meaning in Marathi||विद्यापीठ अनुदान समिती|
|UGC meaning in Nepali||विश्वविद्यालय अनुदान समिति|
|UGC meaning in Punjabi||ਯੂਨੀਵਰਸਿਟੀ ਗ੍ਰਾਂਟਸ ਕਮੇਟੀ|
|UGC meaning in Sindhi||يونيورسٽي گرانٽس ڪميٽي|
|UGC meaning in Tamil||பல்கலைக்கழக மானியக் குழு|
|UGC meaning in Telugu||విశ్వవిద్యాలయ నిధుల కమిటీ|
|UGC meaning in Urdu||یونیورسٹی گرانٹس کمیٹی|
UGC Accredited University in India
- JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University)
- Bangalore University
- University of Hyderabad
- University of Madras
- Anna University
- University of Pune
- University of Delhi
- Annamalai University
- University of Lucknow
- University of Kolkata
- Pondicherry University
- University of Rajasthan
- University of Calicut
- Bharathiar University etc.
Everyone must have heard about UGC NET as well. So let’s see what is UGC NET. This is a national eligibility test. UGC NET has been organized by UGC on behalf of CBSE but now it has been decided by the government that this examination will be conducted by NTA. This examination is conducted to become a teacher and fellowship in universities.
This examination is done so that post-graduate students can get admission in teacher jobs and Ph.D. level programs in universities of India. The Masters’s is based on the subjects covered. The candidate can prepare it according to his subject.
UGC Full Form in Universities & Institutions
UGC Meaning (Academic & Science)
The University Grants Commission (UGC) is a statutory organization in India established by the Union Government in 1956 to coordinate, determine and maintain the standards of university education. It provides accreditation to universities in India, and funds to government recognized universities and colleges.
Age limit for UGC NET
The age limit of Junior Research Fellowship UGC NET has been set at 28 years. Also, no limit has been set for the Assistant Professor.
Educational Qualification for UGC NET Full Form
Those who want to take the exam for UGC NET must pass the Masters with a minimum of 55% marks. For unprotected classes, it is given a relaxation of 5% marks.
UGC NET organized
UGC NET is organized twice a year. Its notification is issued in March and September. The examination is conducted in June and December respectively.
UGC NET Examination Center
As we have seen, this exam is now conducted by the NTA. So NTA conducts the UGC NET exam in 598 cities of India.
UGC NET Exam for Paper II
The second paper of UGC NET is based on the subject of Masters. Under this, 100 Multiple Choice Questions are asked. 1 mark is prescribed for the answer to each question. There is also a provision for negative marking. A time limit of 2 hours has been set for this.
UGC Full Form in Companies & Corporations
UGC Meaning (Business)
The Unipart Group of Companies (UGC) is a logistics, automotive parts and accessories company headquartered in Cowley, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom.
How to prepare for UGC NET?
Now the question will be coming to everyone’s mind that how to prepare for UGC NET. So for that, you should pay attention to some of the things given below:
- Allow at least 6 months for good preparation.
- You can also take the help of old paper.
- Make a plan and study only under it.
- Join the test series, it will help you a lot.
- Select the two subjects in which you are the best.
- Make notes of topics and read them.
- Take special care of quality and speed.
- If you want to go to coaching then you can also do this.
- In this way, you should prepare for UGC NET. These methods will help you in preparing for any exam. Always look at the old paper once, from there the pattern of the paper is easily known, which helps in preparing.
FAQ’S About UGC Full Form
Ans. The National Eligibility Test (NET), also known as UGC NET or NTA-UGC-NET, is the test for determining the eligibility for the post of Assistant Professor and/or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) award in Indian universities and colleges.
Ans. The mandate of the UGC is to take all steps as it may think fit for the promotion and co-ordination of University education and for the determination and maintenance of standards of teaching, examination and research in Universities
Ans. The validity of the UGC-NET Certificate of Eligibility for Assistant Professor / Lectureship is forever.
Ans. UGC Full Form: University Grants Committee, The University Grants Commission of India (English: University Grants Commission, short: UGC) is a central government commission that recognizes universities.