HDFC Full Form: Housing Development Finance Corporation, Are you also searching on the internet about HDFC Full Form and HDFC Bank? If yes, then you have come to the right place. In this article, I will give you all the information about HDFC Full Form like HDFC Bank What Service, HDFC Bank Share Holder’s List, etc. With this, I will tell you the complete history of HDFC and some interesting things, so let’s look at the topic of today’s HDFC Bank in detail.
- HDFC Full Form in English: Housing Development Finance Corporation
- Category: Business » Banking
- HDFC Full Form in Hindi: आवास विकास वित्त निगम
- HDFC Full Form in Marathi: गृहनिर्माण विकास वित्त महामंडळ
What is HDFC Full Form?
HDFC Full Form is “Housing Development Finance Corporation”. HDFC Bank Limited is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. And HDFC Bank is a major bank of India.
HDFC Bank Full Form In Hindi
HDFC Bank’s Full Form is “आवास विकास वित्त निगम” in Hindi.
What is the history of HDFC Bank?
On 17 October 1977, HDFC was established as a public limited company. It was promoted by the Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI). In 1980, it started a loan-linked deposit scheme in which one had to start with a passbook account with HDFC so that the person would be eligible for the loan.
Subsequently, in 1981, HDFC started the Non-Resident Certificate Submission Scheme. In 1985, it introduced a home saving plan that enabled a person to buy a home at a rate of 8.5% per year.
In 1986, it offered a service called APF (Advanced Processing Facility), under which builders could finance individuals purchasing housing in their projects.
Then in 1989, with the financial support of Krditanstalt Fur Wiederauflau, Germany, HDFC offered two types of loans; HIL (Home Improvement Loans) means Home Improvement Loans and HEL (Home Extension Loans) for Financially Weaker Persons.
HDFC Full Form in Finance
HDFC Meaning (Business)
The Housing Development Fund Corporation (HDFC) is a special type of limited equity housing cooperative in New York City, incorporated under Article XI of the New York State Housing Finance Law.
What services does HDFC Bank provide to customers?
- Credit Cards
- Consumer banking
- Finance and Insurance
- Investment Banking
- Mortgage loans
- Private banking
- Private equity
- Wealth Management
Some of the popular subsidiaries of HDFC Bank are listed below.
- HDFC Bank Ltd
- HDFC Developers Ltd
- H.D.F.C Investments Ltd
- HDFC Holdings Ltd
- HDFC Trustee Company Ltd
- H.D.F.C Realty Ltd
- HDFC Property Ventures Ltd
- HDFC Venture Capital Ltd
- H.D.F.C Ergo General Insurance Company Ltd
- HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Ltd
What is some interesting information about HDFC Bank?
- HDFC Bank was established in August 1994.
- The first and current CEO of HDFC Bank is Aditya Puri.
- HDFC Bank was the first bank in India to launch an international debit card in association with Visa as well as a Maestro debit card.
- HDFC Bank is the first mobile banking bank in India to launch.
- As of February 2016, HDFC Bank is India’s largest bank by market capitalization.
- HDFC Bank has maximum branches in Mumbai and New Delhi.
- HDFC Bank is India’s largest private sector lender by assets.
- It was ranked 60th in the BrandZ Top 100 Valuable Global Brands in 2019.
- HDFC Bank had organized 1115 blood donation camps in 709 places on 6 December 2013 in which 61902 people donated blood. This record is included in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- In February 2000, HDFC Bank was merged with Times Bank. This was the first merger of two private banks in the category of New Generation Private Sector Banks.
- HDFC Bank is the best bank in India in 2019 according to the global magazine FinanceAsia.
Some basic information of HDFC Bank?
- This HDFC bank was established in 1994.
- Aditya Puri is the first CEO of HDFC bank.
- Friends, this HDFC bank was the first such bank which together with VISA launched an Internal Debit and along with it, firstly issued the Metro Debit card.
- You might not know that the highest level HDFC bank is located in Mumbai or New Delhi.
- In terms of wealth, this HDFC bank is one of the largest private-sector lenders in India, which is very popular.
- You may feel surprised that mobile banking was first launched in India by HDFC bank.
- According to the 2016 February market capitalization, this HDFC bank is the largest bank in India and due to this, the bank gets a lot of respect in today’s time.
- In HDFC bank 2019, it used to be number 60 in the BrandZ Top 100 Valuable Brands, which is a very big thing.
HDFC Meaning in various Indian Languages
|HDFC meaning in Arabic||مؤسسة تمويل تنمية الإسكان|
|HDFC meaning in Bengali||আবাসন উন্নয়ন ফিনান্স কর্পোরেশন|
|HDFC meaning in English||Housing Development Finance Corporation|
|HDFC meaning in Gujarati||હાઉસિંગ ડેવલપમેન્ટ ફાઇનાન્સ કોર્પોરેશન|
|HDFC meaning in Hindi||आवास विकास वित्त निगम|
|HDFC meaning in Kannada||ವಸತಿ ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಹಣಕಾಸು ನಿಗಮ|
|HDFC meaning in Malayalam||ഭവന വികസന ധനകാര്യ കോർപ്പറേഷൻ|
|HDFC meaning in Marathi||गृहनिर्माण विकास वित्त महामंडळ|
|HDFC meaning in Nepali||आवास विकास वित्त निगम|
|HDFC meaning in Punjabi||ਹਾ Developmentਸਿੰਗ ਡਿਵੈਲਪਮੈਂਟ ਵਿੱਤ ਕਾਰਪੋਰੇਸ਼ਨ|
|HDFC meaning in Sindhi||هائوسنگ ڊيولپمينٽ فنانس ڪارپوريشن|
|HDFC meaning in Tamil||வீட்டு மேம்பாட்டு நிதிக் கழகம்|
|HDFC meaning in Telugu||హౌసింగ్ డెవలప్మెంట్ ఫైనాన్స్ కార్పొరేషన్|
|HDFC meaning in Urdu||ہاؤسنگ ڈویلپمنٹ فنانس کارپوریشن|
FAQ’S About HDFC Full Form
Payment Interface (UPI) is a smartphone-enabled fund transfer for participating bank customers to pay/ receive money using a unique UPI ID
Ans. For successful transactions, funds get credited into the beneficiary’s account instantaneously.
Ans. UPI ID is an id that is uniquely linked to your bank account and can be used to send or receive payments through UPI.
For e.g. [email protected] where “ABC” can be your mobile number.
Ans. The maximum limit of UPI transactions is Rs 1 lakh or 10 transactions* per bank account within 24 hours basis.
*The limit of 10 transactions is only applicable for fund transfer and doesn’t include Bill payment and Merchant transactions.