ADB Full Form: Asian Development Bank, It was founded on 19 December 1966 and is headquartered in Manila Philippines. Friends, we hope you have come to know the full form of ADB, so let’s get more general information about it now.
ADB Full Form In English: Asian Development Bank
ADB Full Form In Hindi: एशियाई विकास बैंक
Full form of ADB
The full form of ADB is “Asian Development Bank”, while it is called “Asian Development Bank” in Hindi language. It is a regional development bank, predominantly Asian in character, the bank was launched primarily to reduce poverty and promote economic development and cooperation in Asia and the Pacific. This bank was established on 19 December 1966. At the same time, the headquarters of ADB is in the Ortigas center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. It is an important and convenient bank.
What does ADB mean?
The ADB system was developed on the model of the World Bank, which incorporates a uniform voting system. It is a system where votes are distribute in proportion to the members’ capital membership.
At the same time, there are currently 31 field officers of this bank of ADB all over the world. Apart from this, this bank is also known as Asian Development Bank. The main objective of this bank is to develop socially and economically.
In addition, this bank also provides assistance in socio-economic development in member countries by providing loans, grants and technical assistance. It has 67 members, out of which 48 are appoint from Asia and the Pacific region. At the same time, as of July 2017, Takehiko Nakao has been appointed as the Chairman of ADB.
Important information related to ADB
- In the early 1960s, discussions were held for the Asian Development Bank. Subsequently, a resolution was passed at the first Ministerial Conference on Asian Economic Cooperation in 1963 to establish the ADB.
- Then on 19 December 1966 ADB was establish with 31 members and Takeshi Watanabe. In the early stages, ADB focused on food production and rural development.
- Subsequently, in the year 1970, ADB first bond issue of $ 16.7 million was issued in Japan.
- Then in the year 1974, the Asian Development Fund was also set up to provide low-interest loans to the poorest member countries.
- It opened its first field office in Bangladesh in the year 1982, which was very much needed by the people.
- Subsequently, in mid-1997, during the severe financial crisis in the region, it acted to approve its largest single loan of $ 4 billion to the Republic of Korea to strengthen the financial sector.
- Then in the year 2004, it provided over 800 million dollars for recovery of tsunami affected areas in Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia and Maldives.
Full Form Meaning of ADB
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a regional development bank, this bank was establish on 19 December 1966. The main objective of its establishment is to do financial development of Asian countries. Initially it had 31 member countries but currently it has 67 member countries. This bank has been arrange like the World Bank.
|Code||ADB Full Form In English||ADB Full Form In Hindi|
|ADB Full Form in Software & Applications||Android Debug Bridge||Android डिबग ब्रिज|
|ADB Full Form in Airport Codes||İzmir Adnan Menderes International Airport||İज़मीर अदनान मेंड्रेस इंटरनेशनल एयरपोर्ट|
|Full Form in Companies & Corporations||Advanced Digital Broadcast||एडवांस्ड डिजिटल ब्रॉडकास्ट|
|ADB Full Form in Hardware||Apple Desktop Bus||Apple डेस्कटॉप बस|
|ADB Full Form in Banking||Asian Development Bank||एशियाई विकास बैंक|
|Full Form Hindi in Banking||African Development Bank||अफ्रीकी विकास बैंक समूह|
|ADB Full Form in Internet||Australian Dictionary of Biography||आस्ट्रेलियन डिक्शनरी ऑफ बायोग्राफी|
Q. Is ADB a government bank?
Ans. Agricultural Development Bank of Ghana, commonly known as Agricultural Development Bank or ADB, is a government-own development and commercial bank in Ghana.
Q. Is India member of ADB?
Ans. India was a founding member of ADB in 1966 and is now the bank’s fourth-largest shareholder.
Q. What is ADB in international business?
Ans. Since its founding in 1966, the Asian Development Bank (ADB), a multilateral financial institution, has worked in partnership with its developing member countries and development stakeholders to sustain its efforts in eradicating extreme poverty in Asia and the Pacific.
Q. How is ADB different from World Bank?
Ans. The chief difference between the two institutions is that ADB’s sustainable lending is significantly above its current level, while that of the World Bank is trending downward.
Q. What is mean by ADB?
Ans. Android Debug Bridge (adb) is a versatile command-line tool that lets you communicate with a device. The adb command facilitates a variety of device actions, such as installing and debugging apps.